Great Adventures & Exciting Activities in Wildwood, New Jersey
Where the Atlantic Ocean touches the sandy shores of New Jersey is one of our most popular destinations. With a host of things to see and do, there is never a dull moment with a Jersey Shore vacation. The famous boardwalk offers hundreds of attractions, including rides, amusements and much more. With miles of beach, this is literally a beach bums delight. With options for jet skiing, parasailing and surfing, if you are into water, there is certainly something for you. At night, adults can find more fun in the many bars, night clubs and restaurants of the area. Traveling to this destination is “shore” to create some long lasting memories.
Esplanade Suites, a Sundance Vacations Property is located in Wildwood, New Jersey and is only a short two block walk to the beach.
Brigantine Beach Club
Brigantine Beach Club is an ocean front property that features beautiful two bedroom units close to the Atlantic City Casinos.
Things to Do at the New Jersey Shore
- Cape May County Park and Zoo- The Cape May County Park & Zoo in Cape May, New Jersey, provides free year-round admission to a collection of more than 550 animals representing 250 species in 85 acres of exhibits. A great attraction for the family!
- Cape May Beaches- Cape May has some of the most beautiful beaches in the country. From Higbee Beach to Poverty Beach, Cape May is a beach-lovers' paradise. Travelers can kick back and relax, toss a Frisbee or football and, of course, take a dip in the Atlantic Ocean.
- Atlantic City- It's the East Coast's answer to Las Vegas. Atlantic City's casinos draw tourists by the car and bus-load, but even if your main objective is to play some blackjack, you'll want to save time for sightseeing. Stroll along the famous boardwalk with its numerous amusements and eateries or visit the historic, recently-restored Absecon Lighthouse or take in a show and the famous Boardwalk Hall.
- Dolphin and Whale Watching- Bottlenose Dolphins travel in large, constantly-communicating groups of 10 to 25 individuals known as pods. Baleen whales, such as humpbacks, travel in loosely associated groups, which means that one large group of whales, may be spread out over a large distance. Cape May waters are extremely nutrient rich, attracting all kinds of aquatic life and these nutrients allow for tons of plankton and fish species to thrive, which are main food sources for dolphins and whales. This abundance of food causes Atlantic Bottlenose Dolphins to come back to Cape May every summer to feed, mate and give birth. For watching tours consider Thunder Cat Dolphin Watch in Wildwood and Cape May, they are highly rated.
- Wildwood Boardwalk- The Wildwoods Boardwalk offers a pure sensory overload of sights, sounds and smells to visitors with spectacular amusement piers, world-class roller coasters, three wet and wild beachfront waterparks, carnival-style midway games, flashing arcades and a myriad of retail shops and eateries.
- Miniature Golf - With a number of beach towns dotting the coast of the Atlantic Ocean, the Jersey Shore has a ton of places where travelers can putt around. A great activity for families and a great way to keep the kids occupied during the day, mini golf can be a way to spend some time together as a family, and have a little fun competing against each other. Check out this article for some of the best courses on the shore: "Miniature Golf on the Jersey Shore"
The New Jersey Shore is very casual. Pack all things summer: flip flops, high SPF sunscreen lotion, a hat and sunglasses. Otherwise, be sure to have plenty of T-Shirts and shorts, with a few sets of long pants and a sweatshirt for this chilly nights. There are some restaurants, casinos and clubs that can be more upscale, so one or more outfits that you can wear to these should have you covered. Remember to bring comfortable shoes for walking around, as there is a lot of times where you can commute on foot. For more packing tips, watch our Sundance Vacations Packing Tips video.
New Jersey is a very drive-able area, but finding parking in the summer can be a challenge. The NJ public transit system is easy to use and can get you anywhere you want to go. Catch a NJ Transit bus or Atlantic City jitney bus to easily get around. Travelers may also choose to take one of the many taxi services that are in the city.
Transportation to Destination
- Drive to Philadelphia PA
- Drive to Atlantic City International Airport (ACY)
- Drive to New York
- Ferry from Cape May NJ to Lewes DE
Amount of Time
- 1 Hour 40 Minutes
- 50 Minutes
- 2 Hours 40 Minutes
- 1 Hour 25 Minutes
- Atlantic City is home to the longest boardwalk in the world.
- The female green turtle sheds tears as she lays her eggs on the beach. This washes sand particles out of her eyes and rids her body of excess salt.
- We hear the sound of the seashore inside large seashells because the shell echoes surrounding sounds, jumbling and amplifying them.
- Saltwater Taffy was first manufactured in the 1870’s.
- In 1935, the police in Atlantic City, New Jersey, arrested 42 men on the beach. They were cracking down on topless bathing suits worn by men.