Great Adventures & Exciting Activities in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Offering a chance at a beach vacation with a southern charm is something that Myrtle Beach, South Carolina specializes in. Boasting over 60 miles of sand and sun, this destination offers something for everyone. Golf at a few of the over 100 local golf courses, shop for something great at the local and outlet stores, hit the beach to relax or for water sports. Fishing and other outdoor activities are abundant here too. They offer unique dining, many family friendly, with fresh catches to satisfy your lobster craving! There are amusement parks and cultural activities as well as historical sites. With a number of other family attractions, this can be the perfect beach destination for both couples and families. For all of our sand and sun lovers; ten miles of beautifully kept beach for horseback riding, surfing, and more!
Myrtle Beach Resort
Myrtle Beach, SC
Myrtle Beach Resort 5 Seasons is located in the seaside golf capital of the world. Play a round of golf at one of more than 100 golf courses in the area.
Things to do in Myrtle Beach
- Broadway at the Beach- This is a must-visit stop on your Myrtle Beach Vacation! There are attractions like Ripley's Aquarium, Dragon's Lair Fantasy Golf and everything in between. You can visit the Carolina Comedy Club, book a helicopter tour or catch a 3D movie. There is unique shopping like "I Love Sugar" and a fantastic array of dining options. It's also the home of South Carolina's Largest Water Park! Cool off with 22 slides, pools and play areas, plus 1.2 million gallons of family fun! Float in the wave pool or lazy river, rent a private cabana or scream on the exciting slides and raft rides.
- New South Brewing Company- Everything at this small microbrewery is done by hand. They offer Lagers, Stouts,White Ales, Dark Star Porters, IPAs and Nut Brown Ales. Take a tour and enjoy some tastings, it's a great escape from the hot South Carolina Sun and would be a great souvenir to take back home. Visit their website, "New South Brewing"
- Myrtle Beach- This sugar sand beach goes on for miles. If you want to soak up the sun, search for sharks teeth or just take a stroll you'll fall in love with this pristine beach!
- Golfing- If you are a golf enthusiast, be sure to pack your clubs. Myrtle Beach offers a variety of courses from pro-style courses to ones better suited for the casual golfer. With hundreds of options to choose from, Myrtle Beach has become the golf capital of the United States. The courses vary greatly in availability, length, cost, and difficulty, so there are options to fit all budgets and skill levels.
- The Market Common- It's a mixed residential property with some of the best shopping and dining experiences in the Myrtle Beach area. You can shop at the country’s best local and national retail stores, have a fabulous meal, see the latest movie or stroll by the lake.
- Boat or Kayak rentals- When you are in Myrtle beach, you don't want to just enjoy the beach, you want to enjoy the water too! Island Adventure water sports rents jet skis, boats, wakeboards, kayaks and paddle boards.
- Myrtle Beach SkyWheel- The SkyWheel is a great way to take in the sites of the Myrtle beach Boardwalk. Your little ones will be thrilled with the exciting views or you could even take a romantic ride after dinner to to finish the evening with something new. The VIP experience allows you to skip the lines and ride in a gondola with a glass floor and leather seats!
- Parasailing- Parasailing is another way to take a memorable look at the Grand Strand of Myrtle Beach. Ocean Watersports, in business since 1981, can easily help you "get some air"!
- TicketReturn.com Field- This is the home of the Myrtle Beach Pelicans. If your in town during a game, it's a family friendly way to catch some baseball. The Myrtle Beach Pelicans are a Class A-Advanced affiliate of the Chicago Cubs.
- Groupon Deals- Why not check out what Groupon has to offer while you're there. It's a great way to save money and have fun too!
Don’t forget your sunscreen! The sun here is very strong, beautiful, but strong! The condos have a beautiful view of the ocean so you don’t want to forget your camera either! You’ll want to bring swimsuits, sandals, shorts, T- shirts, sweatshirts for at night, jeans, swimsuit cover-up, tennis shoes, beach towels, sunglasses, body board or rafts for swimming and sand toys if you have children. There are also some great restaurants that are a little more upscale so one semi-dressy outfit would also be a a great idea. If golfing remember to pack your clubs and appropriate wear as some of the course are more like country clubs.
- Myrtle Beach Marathon
- SOS Spring Safari
- Mayfest on Main Festival
- Blue Crab Festival
- Carolina Country Music Fest
- Golf.com World Amateur Handicap Championship
- Beach Boogie and BBQ Festival
- Bag Ladies Luncheon
- Nights of a Thousand Candles
The nearest major airport is Myrtle Beach International Airport — MYR — located at 1100 Jetport Road, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577. Since everything is so close by, lots of people drive golf carts all around their resorts AND outside them. Some attractions are walk-able, so you may not need a car or golf cart for all things. However, renting a car is a great idea for quick trips everywhere and you can reserve one at the airport if needed. If you are thinking about using a rental, be sure to check out this article on the Sundance Vacations Travel Blog, "10 Tips for Saving Money on Rental Cars"
Transportation to Destination
- Drive to Waccamaw National Wildlife Refuge
- Drive to Wilmington NC
- Drive to Columbia SC
- Drive to Charleston SC
- Drive to Charlotte NC
Amount of Time
- 51 Minutes
- 1 Hour 26 Minutes
- 2 Hours 43 Minutes
- 2 Hours
- 3 Hours 40 Minutes
- Myrtle Beach is named after the Sweet Myrtle Tree (Crape Myrtle) native to the area.
- Oceanfront lots in Myrtle Beach were $25 in 1905. If you built a property for at least $500 you received a second lot for free. Can we turn the clock back?
- The population of Myrtle Beach jumps from 30,000 to over 350,000 in the summer months.
- Boiled Peanuts are the Official State Snack food offered roadside May through November
- Myrtle Beach is known as the Seaside Golf Capital of the World and also claims to be the Miniature Golf Capital of the World.