With a Georgia getaway, you can spend your time whitewater rafting, mountain hiking, beachside biking, or enjoying homegrown music & art festivals! Georgia is also home to amazing signature breweries and wineries, history and sothern hospitality!
Things to Do at our Georgia Properties
- Golfing -
Callaway Gardens is within driving distance to Atlanta and is one of Georgia's top golf destinations. It features two 18-hole golf courses and a world-class practice facility. For information on tee times and course information, visit their website: "Callaway Gardens Golf"
- Beach and Water Sports -
Robin Lake Beach is a beautiful white sand beach in the middle of Georgia and home to the Masters Water Ski & Wakeboard Tournament each May, it is a playground to children of all ages.
- Callaway Gardens -
This 2,500-acre garden is designed to be walked and enjoyed by self-guided woodland garden vehicle, bicycle or open-air electric car. You should try to visit the Callaway Discovery Center, Brothers Azalea Bowl, Sibley Horticulture Center and Mr. Carsons Vegtable Garden while your also enjoying all the nature and wildlife in the garden.
- Tybee Island Charters and Tours -
The island offers fun for the whole family. You can take the kids out on a Dolphin Tour and watch the bottle nose variety at play. For fishermen, deep sea and in-harbor fishing trips are available. If you are into nature, take a marsh and ecology tour. Learn more about Tybee Island activities via the link provided.
- Wild Animal Safari -
Visitors can drive through the the safari and check out the exotic animals from the safety of their car. Visit their website here: Wild Animal Safari
- Tybee Island Art Scene -
Tybee island has a beautiful selection of historic and cultural offerings along with beach activities. You can tour a local artist's studio or shop for original art at one of the many galleries. Relax with the sounds of local musicians as you explore 400 years of island history at the Tybee museum.
- Savannah, GA -
Whether you are a romantic, history buff, arts aficionado or thrill seeker, Savannah has something to offer. It often described as the "most paranormal city in America" and is alive with spirited experiences- from haunted pub crawls to historic mansions along the tree lined streets. Savannah is just a short drive from our Tybee Island property and was recently featured in a Valentine's Day Getaway article on the Sundance Vacations Travel Blog.
Enjoy the mild Southern climate of Georgia in comfortable walking shoes, layered outfits and a mix of beach and upscale casual ware. Although the temperatures are warm, everywhere you go is heavily air conditioned, so you may want a light jacket. If you are golfing, proper attire is required including collared shirts for men. Bring a swimsuit, shorts, sunglasses, sunscreen, sandals and casual outfits you can dress up with some fun accessories...or better yet buy some accessories on your vacation for wearable memories of your trip! If you plan on doing something in nature, be sure to bring along some bug spray.
There is an airport shuttle service available to Callaway Gardens, while Tybee Island is accessible to Savannah Georgia with a daily shuttle service and offers multiple transportation options. Visit Tybee island airport transportation for more information. If you are looking to save some money on that rental car, check out this article on our Sundance Vacations Travel Blog, "Ten Tips for Saving Money on Rental Cars"
Transportation to Destination
- Drive to FDR State Park from Callaway Gardens
- Drive to Columbus GA from Callaway Gardens
- Drive to Savannah GA from Tybee Island
- Distance between Tybee Island and Callaway Gardens
Amount of Time
- 5 Minutes
- 40 Minutes
- 31 Minutes
- 269 Miles or 4 Hours 30 Minutes
- Tybee Island beaches serve as important nesting areas for endangered sea turtles, who return each year to lay eggs along the strand from May 1 to October 31.
- Parts of Forest Gump were filmed in Savannah, most notably the bench Forest sat on the north side of Chippewa Square, for the famous "Life is like a box of chocolates" quote. The bench is now located in the Savannah History Museum.
- The Fantastic Fantasy of Lights scenes were designed by professionals who formerly worked with Disney’s Imagineering department.
- Tybee Island was voted one of the "Best Beaches for Families" by Parents Magazine
- The answer to one of the most popular questions regarding golf at Callaway Gardens is “yes.” Callaway Gardens does have a connection to Callaway Golf. Cason J. Callaway, founder of Callaway Gardens, was a second cousin of Ely R. Callaway Jr., founder of Callaway Golf.