Things to Do in Branson, Missouri
- Theatres –
Named TripAdvisor’s number one thing to do in Branson, Missouri, the Sight & Sound Theatre is the nations largest Christian theater company. As one of the highest attended theaters in the Midwest, this 2000-seat theater takes you back in time to see great stories from the Bible. They even use live animals on stage! In fact, this area is really known for their spectacular theater performances. Common themes mix country and religion together. Check out Presley Country Jubilee, Amazing Acrobats of Shanghai or SIX to get started!
- Fishing –
If you want to go scuba diving but you can’t go to the Caribbean, Table Rock Lake is the perfect alternative. Besides scuba diving it offers boat rentals and fishing guides. Bass are the big fish reeled in from this lake. A great family escape, take your kids to Shepherd of the Hills Fish Hatchery to feed the fish and enjoy the beautiful dam.
- Zipline and Adventure Tours –
Haven’t you ever wished you could fly? Well you can when you take a zipline or canopy tour in Missouri! People of all ages can go through guided excursions across the lines, bridges and platforms. Experience Branson Zipline and Canopy Tours, Adventure Ziplines of Branson and Indian Point Zipline Adventure Tours while you’re there.
- Museums –
Visit the Titanic Museum to learn more about the history of the infamous ship. Did you know that it took three years to build it and only two hours and 40 minutes for it to sink? There are tons of facts for all ages at this interactive attraction! Also nearby, The Ralph Foster Museum is three floors antiques, from guns to paintings or the car from Beverly Hillbillies, there are tons of things to see here too.
- Marvel Cave –
If you love to explore, you might want to consider visiting Marvel Cave, a limestone cave under the Ozark Mountains. Dating back to the 1500s, this cave’s entryway is the largest in the United States. Travelers can take one hour tours to see this constantly evolving wonder.
- Stone Hill Winery –
The Stone Hill Winery is the third largest winery in the world. It was established in 1847 and is a historical marvel as well as a fun stop. You can take a 20 minute wine tour to learn more about the history and process of making the wine!
What To Pack
Believe it or not, anything you do in Branson doesn’t require a dress code, so dress for comfort more than flair. The area gets cold in the winter, so pack for layering. The summer can be humid, so bring clothing for those outdoor activities you want to do. You could do a decent amount of walking, so make sure you bring shoes you can wear all day without discomfort. If you forget something, the area is full of shops and malls to get what you need! For more tips on how to pack your suitcase, check out our Sundance Vacations Packing Tips video.
There are a couple different ways you can get around Branson, Missouri. There are shuttle services, taxis and even chauffeurs. Some people will actually rent a limousine for special occasions. For more information, visit the Missouri Department of Transportation. Or, if you plan on renting a car, check out this article on our Sundance Vacations Blog for some tips on how you could save money.
- January- St. Louis Mardi Gras
- February- True/False Film Festival
- March- Opening Day of Trout Season, Kansas City St Patrick’s Day Parade
- April- World-Fest
- May- Shakespeare Festival St. Louis
- June- Scott Joplin Ragtime Festival
- July- National Tom Sawyer Days
- August- Southern Gospel Picnic Festival at Silver Dollar City,27th Annual Fiddle Festival Presented by Grand Country
- September- Country Music Weekend Festival at Silver Dollar City, Annual TangerStyle Fit for a Cure 5K Run/Walk
- October- National Harvest & Cowboy Festival at Silver Dollar City, Tanger Outlets Tanger-ween!
- November- An Old Time Christmas Festival at Silver Dollar City, American Royal BBQ Contest
- December- Titanic Christmas and Winter Celebration, Festival of Lights at Jordan Valley Ice Park
|Transportation to Destination||Amount of Time|
|Taxi to Gretna||9 Minutes|
|Drive to Burlington AR||21 Minutes|
|Drive to Kimberling City||30 Minutes|
|Drive to Springfield||45 Minutes|
|Drive to Eureka Springs AR||1 Hour 4 Minutes|
|Drive to St. Louis||3 hours 54 Minutes|
Eagles Nest Resort At Indian Point100 Lantern Bay Rd
See a lovely mountain view nestled in the popular city of Branson. You’ll be right in the heart of the Live Music Capital of the World!
Travelers May Also Like
Click the Beach Ball for a Random Destination!
- The tallest man ever recorded was from St. Louis. He was eight feet, 11.1 inches tall!
- Like beer? The Anheuser-Busch brewery in St. Louis is the largest beer producing plant in the country.
- Missouri is bordered by eight states! Only Missouri and Tennessee touch that many states.
- The world’s first Segway track was built in Branson!