Senior Database Developer
Sundance Vacations is seeking a qualified database developer with experience in SQL and report writing/data analytics. The qualified engineer would work with teams to build and ensure adequate functionality of various software solutions. The software engineer will perform tasks within an Agile development construct and be involved in all phases of the development engineering process including requirements definition, design, development, test and demonstration during each release and sprint. The candidate must be able to communicate effectively with the team at daily scrums to work through road blocks to resolve issues quickly and communicate with management and customers.
As a database developer at Sundance Vacations, you will work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment working with business analysts and partners to develop, innovate, and enhance business processes throughout the organization. You will be a key member of our team that ensures our system is always fast, available and scalable.
Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Strong verbal & written communication skills are required
- Strong collaboration skills are required
- B.S. Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Math, or related technical field or equivalent
- 5+ yrs database experience (Oracle or SQL Server)
- Solid SQL skills and strong understanding of databases, data structure
- Experience with data analytics/report generation- Crystal Reports, form generation, or financial reporting is a plus.
- Help define data standards and implement best practices
- Ensure required documentation are in-place and up to date for all data management solutions
- Review and evaluate new or enhanced data management procedures; ensuring that the end product meets the specified requirements
- Self-motivated and a proven track record in fast-paced, deadline-driven environments
- ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) experience
- Business analyst and requirements definition experience
- Agile software development / Scrum
- Object oriented programming skills (C++, C#, Java)
- Web services
- Tool integration projects
- Strong technical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to adjust quickly to changing priorities and work in an agile environment.
- Proficient in capturing new ideas and concepts during a meeting and producing useful technical documentation
- Comfortable with producing process flow charts and other logical diagrams