Chief Technology Officer
The role of the CTO is to provide visionary and strategic leadership to the executive team and identify business opportunities that will improve the customer or employee experience and therefore drive productivity and profit, or reduce expenses. Sundance Vacations is seeking an exceptional leader who can create an effective and engaged, service focused technology team, drive collaboration across business divisions, create business technology plans, effectively deliver a prioritized road map to execute plans, set time frames and drive projects to completion.
Sundance Vacations values a “hands on” management approach. The CTO will report to the President.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, computer engineering or business administration
- Experience: 10 years with 3 years in Management required
Skills and Qualifications
- Leadership - ability to provide vision and motivation to inspire others to achieve goals.
- Emotional Intelligence - Capacity to be aware of, control and express one’s emotions and to handle interpersonal relationships judiciously and empathetically.
- Collaborate - Willingness to gather information from a variety of inputs, respectfully debate the merits of ideas (not people), build consensus, and effectively implement creative, innovative solutions.
- Coaching - help others to improve, develop, learn new skills, find personal success, and achieve goals.
- Effective Communicator - Ability to express both verbally and non-verbally in a way that is appropriate for relaying information in clear and simple terms so that it can be understood by the receiver.
- Strategic Thinking – Thinking conceptually, imaginatively, and systematically to identify strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions with regard to the attainment of a successful outcome in the future.
- Complex Problem Solving -- Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Project Management – Ability to apply knowledge, skills and techniques to execute projects.
- Judgement and Decision Making -- Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Organization – Maintaining an orderly structure.
- Prioritize – Ability to work on several projects simultaneously and make decisions regarding the order of completion.
Strategy and Collaboration
- Partner with executives, key business partners, division heads and employees to understand current business practices and processes including strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats.
- Create a technology plan to meet the strategic objectives of the various divisions of the company. Set priorities and timetables for the evaluation, development, and deployment of technologies.
- Collaborate with executives and employees to identify and deliver opportunities to use technology to reduce costs or grow revenue by improving our current processes, performance, product, service, or the customer/employee experience.
- Serve as an advisor to senior executives by contributing to business strategy through innovative ideas and suggestions.
- Lead/Supervise the recruitment, training, retention and organization of a high performing, IT team that is appropriately sized and has the correct skills to support the strategic vision of the company and deliver ROI on IT projects.
- Contribute to the Best Place to work Culture with activities that celebrate our successes and champion our people. Attract and retain the highest quality staff that contribute to a vibrant work culture.
- Establish standards for delivering impactful service to stakeholders (division heads, employees, and clients) through performance reviews for employees and service level agreements for vendors.
- Evaluate IT staff skills to identify current strengths, provide coaching, training and create opportunities for employee development so that staff members can be successful in delivering results. Match strengths to work.
- Share knowledge, mentor, and educate the organization’s management, staff, and partners, about the company’s technological vision, opportunities, and challenges.
- Initiate activities that create a technology-friendly culture. Educate and develop end users to become better consumers of technology.
- Product Management- Provide technical guidance to application development team on system architecture/design, organize requirements and establish quality standards. Establish and supervise the software development process, setting short term objectives and assessing progress.
- Monitor and Assess New technologies
- Select future technologies and solutions that provide long term business flexibility and scalability and security.
- Review, analyze and approve project budgets and department budget.
- Achieve optimum development, labor, overhead and material costs.
- Responsible for effective adoption of new technologies by end users.
Security and Compliance
- Risk Analysis/Business Impact Analysis/Mitigate Inherent Risk
- Set documentation standards, conduct code reviews, and confirm conformance testing.
- Establish and supervise a quality assurance process, including integration and system testing.
- Ensure that technology standards and best practices are maintained across the organization and that technical problems are resolved in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Ensure that the company’s processes and policies comply with applicable laws and regulations for privacy and security.
- Ensure that the company’s security plan protects the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the company’s data and servers.
- Assist in developing a disaster recovery and business continuity plan.
Required Technical Knowledge
- Microsoft Azure
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- C, C++, C#, ASP.NET
- Network Administration (FTP, SCP, TL1, SNMP)
- Web Services/APIs (RESTful, SOAP)
- Software Development Life Cycle Methodology
- SCRUM Methodology- Agile
Other Preferred Knowledge:
- Oracle Database
- Network Administration (FTP, SCP, TL1, SNMP)
- Telecommunications -VOIP
- PCI Compliance/Computer Security Audits
Some of the indicators that will be used to measure the performance of the Chief Technology Officer are:
- IT team partners with the business to deliver a measured ROI for technology investments in hardware, software or people.
- IT team contributes to the vibrant work culture of a best place to work.
- Technology deployments can be identified that have contributed to an improved customer experience, user experience, increased profit or reduced expenses.
- Software development lifecycle is being managed in a way that effective technology tools are deployed to meet identified business needs in a manner that meets time frame and expense goals.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $190,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- Are you willing to commute and/or willing to relocate to Wilkes-Barre, PA
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- IT: 10 years (Preferred)
- One location